Tuesday, November 11, 2008

That's "Sir Captain Morgan" to you.

Recently I have become addicted to MentalFloss.com. Mental Floss satisfies my need for strange and somewhat useless knowledge. I hope to put it to use while answering "Jeopardy" questions in a room full of people someday, or maybe just to impress friends at dinner parties.

I thought I had hit the Mental Floss jackpot the other day when I saw the article about the weirdest White House pets, but turns out I was wrong. Today I happened across a little article titled "The Men Behind Your Favorite Liquors".

I can not tell you how much it pleases me to discover that not only was Captain Morgan was a real person, but he was eventually knighted.

Enjoy the entire article here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/20098

(And try out the Random Fact Generator while you're there!)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you would like to learn more about Sir Henry Morgan or a number of his pirate cohorts, I have an excellent book you can borrow (or request from the library) entitled "Under the Black Flag". Its actually very interesting. (but I may be partial due to my love of all things pirates)