Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lame title, cool story

Recently the Boston Globe ran an article on New London - the city that I moved to - praising, among other things, the diverse restaurants and funky shops. You can check out the article here.

I was pleased to see some of my favorite restaurants mentioned - readers of the blog should recognize Dev's on Bank Street and Brie & Bleu. I was not, however, to thrilled to see them mentioned in the same paragraph as the overrated Bulkeley House (yes, the patio space is nice but the service is abominable and the live bands are too loud for an outdoor bar). I was also thrilled to see some of the fun stores (Peacock Feathers, Flavours of Life), the Saturday Farmer's Market, and the Garde Arts Center get shout-outs as well.

These are places that have made me appreciate New London a lot more than I thought I would initially. I'm glad to see them getting a little credit from a major newspaper - trust me, it's well-earned.

Check out the story: Whale of a City

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised that they didn't mention the Whale on the mini-golf course. In my opinion that is the COOLEST thing about New London!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Ypsilanti without the ocean.