Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Garden Party...apparently I wasn't invited.

For those who have been keeping up with the blog, you know that gardening is an activity that I intended to make a hobby of here in Connecticut. A few weeks ago, I put some plants in the ground, watered them diligently, and then...neglected them for about a week/week and a half while I went out and did other fun things. I figured since it was so freakin' humid and rainy, they would be fine.

Well, today I went out to check the garden before I went to work. It has gotten slightly out of control.

The peppers, parsley, mint, and cucumbers that I put in seem to have taken well to their new environment...however, several rogue bean plants - which apparently seeded themselves from the previous owner's garden - have completely taken over a third of my alloted garden space. Also, there was no need to have Amanda start tomatoes for me, as apparently I already have six or seven thriving tomato plants, including one that completely uprooted and overtook my rosemary.

Hmm. Maybe I am not so good at gardening after all.

Oh, mint. I like you better when you're a mojito.


Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!
There WAS rosemary here at one point...

Well. This wasn't here last week.
At least it had the courtesy to grow where I already had stakes.

No comments: