Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh, those summer nights (or days)

I always blame work for my lack of blogging lately, but the real thing that has made blogging so difficult lately is that New England really can be an amazing place to be in the summer. I know I hated it when I first moved here, but we moved mid-September - by the time we unpacked and were settled, it was the gross, drizzly shoreline winter (which I'll never love).

But summer on the East Coast (when it actually shows up for a day or two at a time - we're having awful weather this year) can be truly spectacular. And the ocean is a mile and a half from my house, and the sound is NOT infested with jellyfish this year. The water was actually warm yesterday. It was awesome.

Here are some pictures of our group at Amanda's birthday party last weekend at Lake Terramuggus. Who would rather be blogging than grilling out, swimming, and spending time with friends in the sun?

Not me!

Jonas Brothers plates - you know it's a party when...

Dev's vegetable dumplings - Amanda's stroke of genius

Trifecta toasting summer with our favorite summer wine:
Don David Torrontes


Noe and Greg attempt to mow people down in the paddle boat.


Everyone in the lake - I love summer.

No comments: