Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Five Things I Love This Week

5) Pet Cameras
A Pet Cam can provide you with hours of amusement. If you do not believe me, check out my cat's blog, The Buns-Eye View. Seriously. Being lame gets more fun every day.

4) Zdeno Chara.
Why? Because his name starts with a "Z" and breaks the basic rules of spelling. Because he is 6'9" and people probably see him walking around T.D. Banknorth Garden and think he plays for the Celtics instead of the Bruins. Because he could hold someone at arm's length and let them swing and they would never touch him. What's not to like here?

3) Hockey Skates
I could never stand very well in figure skates, let alone actually skate in them. Hockey skates are God's gift to weak ankles and enable me to circle the Norwich Municipal Rink an infinite amount of times, dodging little children while "Careless Whisper" by WHAM plays over the loudspeaker.

2) Stop and Shop Frozen Desserts
Stop and Shop Frozen Desserts are among the most delicious desserts on the planet. If Noe and I ever get married, I seriously think I will forgoe a wedding cake and set out platter upon platter of Chocolate Cake Bites, Cheesecake Bites, and Chocolate-Covered Cream Puffs. I have never tasted any mini dessert - let alone a grocery store brand frozen dessert - so glorious. Stop and Shop even trumps Trader Joe's in the frozen dessert arena. If we move back to the midwest, I don't know what I'm going to do without these things.

1) Books that involve someone quitting/getting let go from their job and becoming wildly successful doing something they actually like, or if not becoming wildly successful at least getting a large enough severance to go to cooking school in Paris.
Yeah...this is probably not going to happen to me, but check out The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry by Kathleen Flinn. Not that I think I could hack it for a second in French cooking school (or American cooking school, for that matter) but I can dream while I make cheapened versions of coq au vin in my crockpot that would make the Cordon Bleu chefs cringe, can't I?

No comments: