Friday, October 10, 2008

Heads-up - It's Hockey Season

Hockey season is officially underway, and the defending Stanley Cup champions the Detroit Red Wings already have a loss under their belt to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Awesome.

On the bright side, I get to see my beloved Wings take on Brendan Shannahan (former Wing) and the New York Rangers on October 18. While one game per season is hardly a fair option (when I lived in Michigan I would get to between 8-10 a season) I guess it is better than nothing. And this year I get to see them on their own turf, my beloved Joe Louis Arena.

Last year I had complaints during hockey season from some of my non-interested blog readers. I'll try to label any hockey posts clearly so you'll be able to skip them should you desire, but you should probably expect about one a week.

Just giving you the heads up.

3 comments:

Bobby G said...

Wouldnt it be AWFUL if the Wings had a season like the Tigers, I dont know what Id do! twice in 1 yr is TOO damn much, also fuck them its your blog! go hockey!

Phil K. said...

hate to break your heart, but Shanny's not a Ranger. He's not an anything right now. His contract expired at the end of the '08 season, and was not renewed.

Shanny may re-sign with the Rangers this week, but it's very much up in the air. There've been some rumors that he may rejoin the Wings later this season, but it's doubtful

Amy W. said...

I know - I am being optimistic that he will be back :)